Monday, November 10, 2008

COMPLETELY Blown Away!

I have spoken at great length of the injustice visited on California by the passage of Proposition 8. Folks, I have no words to describe something I heard tonight. Countdown on MSNBC is one of my all-time favorite news programs. Yes, Keith Olbermann is unashamedly liberal, but that isn't the main reason why I watch. Mr. Olbermann is perhaps the most eloquent, erudite and most intelligent commentator on television today. I have been a fan of his since I first discovered him on ESPN, where he was one of the few on that network that didn't assume that all sports fans had a room-temperature IQ.

Mr. Olbermann commonly uses the editorial, in the form of a "Special Comment" when something happens that he (and most of his viewers) simply cannot let stand unchallenged. Tonight was such a night and his target was Proposition 8. Those of you that know me are well aware of my talent for the use of the English language. I, in my wildest dreams, can only aspire to one-tenth the talent of this man.

No matter your stance on Proposition 8, please go listen to tonight's' Special Comment. If you can listen to his opinion, answer the questions he poses honestly and NOT support the utter destruction of this abomination of marital apartheid, you can quit worrying about your soul. It is already lost.

No comments: