Sunday, February 1, 2009

Super Sunday

Who'da thunk it? I tuned in to the Super Bowl and a football game broke out! After the Cardinals made every mistake you possibly could and overcame a couple of questionable calls by the officials, it took a last minute TD to put the Steelers on top. A really good game to watch by any standard. If anyone doubted Kurt Warner's credentials for the Hall of Fame, I think that was put to rest. It didn't hurt that I had the Cardinals +7 either!

Of course football isn't the only reason to watch the Super Bowl. It may not even be the main reason. The Super Bowl commercials are traditionally as much or more fun than the game. Was it my imagination or were this year's commercials kinda flat? In fact, I think the big winner this year was NBC! My favorite had to be LMAO with the Hulu ad with Alec Baldwin and the Heroes Football Game close behind. Of the "commercial" commercials, my top two were shown in the same break. The Pedigree "Crazy Pets" and Bud's "Stick" (I still think of it as "Fetch") were my favorites. Monster.com also had a good one with "Need a New Job?"

The biggest waste of $3 million: Cash4Gold. Ed McMahon and MC Hammer babbling about how you can sell your "excess" gold. Like anyone these days has EXCESS gold... I feel sorry for Ed McMahon. Between his "Tonight Show" and "Star Search" work and all those commercials he should have never had money troubles again. If it can happen to someone like him, some of us should thank our lucky stars.

No comments: