Monday, October 20, 2008

Season's end...

It is with great regret that I mark the end of the season for my beloved Red Sox. As a baseball fan, it has been a good year. My hometown AAA team, the Sacramento Rivercats won everything there was to win in their division for the second straight year. My National League team, the Giants, actually showed some signs of developing a pitching staff. Combine that with the deep playoff run of the Sox (not to mention that the Yankees got pwned!), and "baseball ben berry, berry good to me".

Baseball has been losing ground to football for several years as the "national pastime" and a lot of people don't know why. The late, great George Carlin summed it up VERY well in his routine "Baseball vs. Football". If you want a great sports-related laugh, check it out.

You were the Grand Master, George. We miss you.

No comments: